All our remote classes will be offered via Zoom.
To use zoom, you’ll need the following
1. A computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone
2. An internet connection
3. A microphone and a speaker
4. A built-in camera or external webcam
For additional information, please go to: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux
How to set-up Zoom
For students using Zoom for the first time, please go to:
Please follow the instructions to download and install the Zoom app you need to join the classes.
To join a class
You will be notified no later than the day before your class takes place. The invite will tell you who is inviting you to the meeting, the date and the time of the meeting.
Just click on the link to join the meeting.
Teacher Name is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Class XXXX
Time: Mar 24, 2020 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: #########
Zoom etiquette for attendees
In order to have a better experience on Zoom we recommend you follow these best practices:
1. If you are using Zoom for the first time, please refer to How to set-up Zoom.
2. Join a few minutes early to take the time to test your video and sound connection. For more information, visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-test-meeting.
3. Position your camera properly focused at eyes level; have a plain background and avoid backlight.
4. Have your microphone on mute if you are not talking or find a quiet space without background noise: when your microphone is not muted avoid activities that could create additional noise.
5. Limit your distraction muting your phone and smartphone and turning off notifications and emails.
6. Be aware that you are on camera: avoid moving around too much and eating during the class.
7. Be aware that only one voice at a time can be heard on Zoom: let other people finish speaking and raise your hand when you want to talk.