A memorable Wine Tasting event at the historic building of the Italian Community Services, Casa Fugazi, in the heart of North Beach.
Ticket holders will enjoy a premier wine selection dedicated to “Vini vulcanici dell’Italia del Sud” (Southern Italian Volcanic Wines) in an evening filled with Italian traditions, food, and friends. Italian wine importer and IIS student Mark Middlebrook will lead the seminar.
The heart of the class is a discussion of the most important vocabulary for tasting and talking about wines in Italian, with delicious examples in our glasses.
Our selection of wines
- 2020 I Custodi ‘Aedes’ Etna Bianco
- 2018 I Custodi ‘Pistus’ Etna Rosso
- 2021 Caravaglio ‘Infatata’ Salina IGT Malvasia delle Lipari Secco
- 2018 Matrone Bianco Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio
- 2019 Matrone Rosso Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio
- 2016 Cantina Madonna delle Grazie Aglianico del Vulture “Liscone”
- 2019 Luigi Tecce ‘Satyricon’ Irpinia Campi Taurasini
You will also have some artisan cheese and other small bites to enjoy with these Italian-class wines:
- Central Moliterno: this classic Sheep’s milk cheese from Sardinia is produced by the Master Cheese Makers from the Villecco Family. The cheese is aged in straw baskets (“Incanestro” style), resulting in a lovely textured rind.
- “Lingue di Suocera” Mario Fongo Rosemary Flatbread Crackers: “Il panaté”, is how people in Piedmont call their village baker, and Mario Fongo still likes to identify his firm with this term. His breadsticks and flatbread crackers are true artisan products made in the heart of Italy.
- Masseria Mirogallo Sundried Tomatoes: the flavor of the Masseria Mirogallo Sundried Tomatoes is incredible. Perfectly made, still bright red in color, and with a supple meaty texture that will surprise anyone. Marinated in high-quality extra virgin olive oil.
Space is limited so register soon!
*This event is open only to those 21 years and older.