Last Updated Date: 1/25/23
1. Information We Obtain
Some of the information we collect is personal information, which generally means information that identifies you as an individual, or other information we associate with it. We may obtain personal information in various ways, such as when you visit our website, or when you enroll in one of our classes.
(A) Information We Collect From You
The types of personal information we may obtain directly from you include:
- contact information, such as name, phone number, postal address and email address;
- demographic information, such as date of birth and gender;
- transactional information, such as payment card information (e.g., card number, expiration date, and security code),bank account number, and purchase history;
- comments, product reviews and other content provided through or in connection with our Sites;
- geolocation data associated with your use of the Sites;
- for individuals who apply for a career opportunity with Rite Aid: contact information, data submitted on a résumé or in a job application, and other information we obtain to administer the careers process; and
- for individuals who provide services to Istituto Italiano Scuola: contact information and other details we may obtain in managing our relationship with such service providers.
We also may obtain other information about you in ways we describe at the time we collect the information or otherwise with your consent.
If you provide us with personal information about any other individual (such as a family member), you represent that you have any necessary consents to give us their information for use in accordance with this Policy.
(B) Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with our Sites, we can obtain certain information by automated means (collectively, “Online User Activity”) through cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies implemented on our website and mobile app. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your device (e.g., computer, mobile phone), browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our products and services; (3) tailor our Sites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Sites and the effectiveness of our communications; (5) provide customer support; and (6) otherwise manage and enhance our Sites and marketing activities.
Your browser may be configured to alert you when receiving certain types of cookies or enable you to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your device. Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. Please note that without cookies you may not be able to use or benefit from all of the functionality or features on our Sites.
(C) Third-Party Web Analytics Services
We use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use automated technologies to collect data (such as IP addresses, cookies, and other device identifiers) to evaluate use of our Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out of their tool entirely, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
2. How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- provide our products and services, facilitate purchases on our website, process and fulfill orders, keep you informed about the status of your orders, and provide related customer and technical support;
- personalize your experience, and communicate with you about products and services that may be of interest to you, including promotional materials;
- provide and administer your participation in surveys, events, contests and programs (including discount or coupon-related offers);
- provide you with location-based information;
- operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing, and improving our Sites; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; conducting market research, aggregating and anonymizing data, and performing data analytics; facilitating the provision of services; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and respond to suspected fraud, criminal activity, violations of law or our Terms and other policies, or any harm to our staff or any other individual; and
We also may use the personal information we obtain in other ways for which we may provide specific notice at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
3. How We May Share Information
We may share information about you with the following categories of third parties, where consistent with this Policy and applicable laws:
- Our legal affiliates and agents in connection with our business operations;
- Our service providers (e.g., IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Sites, payment processors, marketing and analytics, customer communications, order fulfillment and shipping), but we only provide information to these providers to perform their required functions on our behalf; and
- Third-party brand manufacturers with whom we may partner to develop discount or coupon programs, and likewise with third parties who provide services that we offer through our Sites.
We also may disclose information about you in certain unusual circumstances, including (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or other illegal activity; or (6) in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
4. Links to Other Online Services
Our Sites may provide advertisements for or links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins (e.g., PayPal, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube). These third-party online services and features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked third-party online service or feature is not owned or controlled by us, Istituto Italiano Scuola is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
You may see us promoted by other businesses on various websites, social media and other platforms. Please note that we do not always have complete information about where our brand may be displayed or promoted, and if you believe that we are featured in venues that are inappropriate or offensive, please contact us as directed below.
5. Your Choices
(A) Choices Available to All Individuals
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information: Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You can update your personal information, preferences and communication settings by contacting us as directed below.
- Marketing Emails: From time to time, we or the brand/services partners we engage with as described above may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communications. You may unsubscribe from such marketing communications at any time by selecting the unsubscribe option within the body of the e-mail. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we will continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as administrative or transaction alerts.
- Cookies: As described above, web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our Services may not function correctly.
6. How We Protect and Retain Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. No data transmission or storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that information you send to us online or via email, or information that we maintain about you, will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your personal information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a security or privacy incident via e-mail or the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
We retain personal information based on a number of factors, including (i) for business purposes such as for as long as your account is active, as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services, and for the other purposes we use your information as described above, and (ii) as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time.
7. Children’s Personal Information
Our Sites are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 through our Sites, and endeavor to promptly delete such information if we become aware of it. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 may have provided us with personal information online without parental consent, please contact us as directed below.
We may update this Policy from time to time and without prior notice to you, such as to reflect changes in our personal information practices with respect to our Sites, or to comply with new privacy laws or best practices. We will indicate at the top of the Policy when it was most recently updated. By continuing to use any Sites after such a change, you agree to the updated Policy.
9. How To Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or requests in regard to this Policy or our handling of your information, such as to update or correct your information or preferences, or to submit a request.
You can contact us by phone at +1 628 201 7648
or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org